Middle-Earth World > 3D Model Places

Weathertop

(1/2) > >>

607creative:
Here's a first pass at weathertop, or rather, Amon Sul before it was destroyed. I took some inspiration from the Fellowship and Histories of Middle Earth. Neither really go into too much detail, so obviously I took some artistic liberties. The only real descriptions I could find was "Tall and Fair", so descriptions being that vague, I just went for it. All and any feedback is welcome.

One of the images is just flat shaded and the other one I explored a different angle to see how light would spill through.

monks:
Very nice! It looks elegant- like Gondorian architecture...Looking forward to seeing more.
 If you need refs, search Amon Sul.

monks

607creative:
I searched Amon Sul and came up dry. It was all vapid descriptions of a location generally glossed over. Any specific sources I can dig into? The more I can get my hands on, the better we are.

monks:
Try this for starters...https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Amon+Sul&newwindow=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DYIQU4_vLYeShQeJzYC4DQ&ved=0CD0QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=899

monks

607creative:
I must have done the same search you did! They are all pretty good, but I noticed they were primarily movie-themed and a dusting of video game screen shots. I was trying to achieve a decent departure from what everyone else has done, but not too far from the beaten path. I suppose it's a fine line when trying to create a piece of architecture on a subject that has been visited by so many people. Either way, I think I came up with a good idea for a top to the tower. I'll post up some more in the next few days. Hopefully it won't suck when I model it. Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version