Middle-Earth World > 3D Model Places

Place List

<< < (3/3)

monks:
Yeh, really easy to do- with objects with less than 65K polys. Above that you have split your model in your 3D app- I'm not sure how do that yet.

monks

PytonPago:

--- Quote from: monks on July 21, 2013, 08:38:33 pm ---Yeh, really easy to do- with objects with less than 65K polys. Above that you have split your model in your 3D app- I'm not sure how do that yet.

monks

--- End quote ---

You can split a model into multiple "meshes" (hawing their own pivot points witch OT uses like bones in the engine if needed), witch can be parented into an hierarchy. Also to have the model rightly set for import - if it consists of multiple meshes, a clear mesh (whiteout any vertices) is used as a base-mesh carrying the name and bounding all other meshes together (so it should be as the starter point at the hierarchy of the model meshes).

Redrobes:
Thanks thats good information. I havent tried to port any 3D object into Outerra yet but maybe one day ill have a go. My 3D modeller is also 64K point limited so I would not expect it to be able to handle more than this anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version