Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
 on: April 17, 2015, 02:32:45 am 
Started by PytonPago - Last post by jvangeld
It's striking how a lot of the architecture is described by Tolkien so well that most artists end up with similar renditions. That picture of Orthanc is very unique, though.

on: March 04, 2015, 07:56:26 pm 
Started by PytonPago - Last post by Redrobes
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. And thanks for posting - its been quiet around here for a while but we had an email from Cameni that the new version of Medem is working out on the new card with fixes so I am not sure if he released that or if its in the pipeline.

Cool artwork. I was always a fan of Rodney Matthews. He was somewhat local to my area and had a lot of his art in the local fantasy / sci-fi shop. He has done some LotR related art too which I can post a link to. Its of a similar older fashioned style than PJs.

http://www.rodneymatthews.com/posters.htm

Were ok with the PJ view of the world but at MeDem it absolutely has to fit with the text of the book. I would prefer a more nuanced view than the full on epic action feature that was the film. Monks is more knowledgeable about the world than I tho.

on: March 04, 2015, 01:24:43 am 
Started by PytonPago - Last post by Davelue
I only just found the Outerra Anteworld and most important for me, the ME-DEM. I've lived and breathed Tolkien's world for decades. Recently we've been inundated with PJ's rendition of that world. I grew up way before the movies, and I was inspired and impressed by the work of the Brothers Hildebrandt. They had their own vision of ME, and in case anyone wants, check out at least some of their vision. Greg and Tim were my favorite modern painters and artists and if anyone has seen the very first movie poster of "Star Wars", with Luke holding his saber in the air and Vader's large head in the sky above, he knows what I'm getting at. In many ways it looks much better and may fit the reader's mind's eye more closely than the sometimes ugly looks of PJ's creation:

http://www.timefold.com/snapsite/hildebros/public/html/page5.html

on: March 03, 2015, 08:11:33 am 
Started by PytonPago - Last post by DarkChipCoffee
Cool. Hopefully have some decent opposition up for the testimonial.

on: March 03, 2015, 08:11:26 am 
Started by Morcrist - Last post by DarkChipCoffee
Great to hear that our request maybe implemented in next release!Any idea when it will be?

on: May 28, 2014, 06:08:18 pm 
Started by planetsim - Last post by planetsim
Actually Orbiter has already solved the floating point issue and can simulate the Solar system to considerable detail, allowing spacecraft etc. It provides the capability to add custom graphics clients and a D3D9 & D3D11 client already exists and works quite well. I was thinking of using Bullet for short range stuff only like vehicles, characters etc.

Yeah I think the best way to do this would be to export out the planetary position data and the user's/camera's position and use that as input for the Outerra camera. The rest can be handled by Outerra itself. Of course spacecraft rendering will have to done on top of what Outerra itself renders when they are visible.

on: May 27, 2014, 01:29:22 pm 
Started by monks - Last post by Redrobes
Hi John and welcome. Its been a bit quiet of late around here. We did some work on the Outerra MeDem terrain and textures but I have not seen it released yet so I think there is some new stuff out soon - ish. But for the 3D modelling we have not done a great deal. Would like to see some more 3D models in MeDem but Monks and I are both pretty tied up with other stuff at the mo.

on: May 25, 2014, 07:53:04 pm 
Started by monks - Last post by John514
Hello everyone! I`m John from Greece. I`m a big fan of LOTR style worlds and I immediately got hooked in Outerra, since detail is also one of my weak spots!
I will contribute with 3D models if I get round to it. I mainly model for trainz simulator right now. Basic stuff!

on: May 25, 2014, 07:33:40 pm 
Started by Redrobes - Last post by John514
Excelent!

on: April 18, 2014, 01:37:14 am 
Started by elenaran - Last post by Caluchko
Hi Monks,

I'm wondering if you could also share a lower-res DEM file (e.g. geotiff) with me. I have a blog (geovisualist.com) where I mess around with data visualization and the like, and I think it would be fun to look at the overall hypsometry of Middle Earth. Perhaps we could compare it to regular Earth and make some guesses at the erosional history or surface processes at work in Middle Earth.

Of course I'd give you full credit and would refrain from sharing any of your data without your consent.

Bravo on your project, by the way. Truly an awesome accomplishment!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10