Outerra Worlds Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Miscellaneous buildings  (Read 8638 times)

vellum

• View Profile
Miscellaneous buildings
« on: April 25, 2015, 01:05:11 pm »

Hey Monks / RR 

I've posted up a castle over on CG in the 3d forum.  Just a blender model atm, no textures etc.  Needs some mesh cleanup and the windows added,once I clean that up you guys are welcome to plop it in the world somewhere if you like.

V
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:08:24 pm by vellum »
good journeys

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
Re: Miscellaneous buildings
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 11:16:57 am »

oh thanks!..you got a link to it please?  8)

monks

vellum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 02:10:08 am »

Here be the link http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=30409  I've changed the front entry to an arched recess with an arched door, this isn't shown on the render on CG.  I've got to learn about lighting to get some better renders. 
good journeys

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 10:28:58 am »

Looking good man...I've been doing some texturng of late in Max, so I could easily help with that. You were saying about lighting...in Max I'd like to set up a camera based ambient occlusion shader. Basically it's applied to the camera itself so everything gets shaded from one source, rather than having to set up each texture individually. Mental Ray I believe. It makes models look better- the effect is quite significant. Any place to download it? If you're n to finished with it yet...there's no hurry. :-)
 Robes mentioned something about Augmented Reality in Blender being pretty good. I was applying with a plugin in Max...but the results were less than inspiring. I was going to look at open source AR....well that's a completely different subject anyway.

monks

vellum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:30:22 pm »

Ah no good deed goes unpunished LOL.   I started this with the towers, so today I'm trying to get rid of the vertical line at the entry and entry tower and what do I find, I apparently didn't have my z axis locked when I extruded the tower originally!!  So now I have to try and correct this little bugger.   I suspect that my meshes are a nightmare, but such is the learning process, I'll keep plugging at this.  One thing I really didn't consider when I started was scale.  I drew up the plan and elevation in autocad, converted the images to pdfs, then to photoshop to make jpgs/pngs to use as a background image.  I started working on the model, then realized I needed a human sized object, which is way to big for the model. I think the model will need to be globally scaled up at least 2x.

All in all though I still consider this a success, as I am more knowledgeable in blender than when I started.  Thanks for the offer on texture help, we'll see what comes next  :)  Blender has an internal render engine called "cycles render", so far pretty much all I know about it is watching one tutorial, so my skills are very limited. 

Might be a bit before I get this finished up, I can only work on this an hour or so a day atm.

Vellum

good journeys

vellum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 01:57:28 am »

Monks / RR

I've made some small updates to the castle, but I left out the door at the entry balcony LOL so I need to go back in and fix that.  The meshes are still in a questionable state but I'll see about exporting it in collada / obj / 3ds so you guys can play with putting it in play where ever the world needs it!!  same link  http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=30409

PM's inbound

good journeys