Outerra Worlds Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Weathertop  (Read 9517 times)

607creative

• View Profile
Weathertop
« on: February 26, 2014, 10:25:32 pm »

Here's a first pass at weathertop, or rather, Amon Sul before it was destroyed. I took some inspiration from the Fellowship and Histories of Middle Earth. Neither really go into too much detail, so obviously I took some artistic liberties. The only real descriptions I could find was "Tall and Fair", so descriptions being that vague, I just went for it. All and any feedback is welcome.

One of the images is just flat shaded and the other one I explored a different angle to see how light would spill through.

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
Re: Weathertop
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 11:57:52 am »

Very nice! It looks elegant- like Gondorian architecture...Looking forward to seeing more.
 If you need refs, search Amon Sul.

monks

607creative

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 03:28:50 am »

I searched Amon Sul and came up dry. It was all vapid descriptions of a location generally glossed over. Any specific sources I can dig into? The more I can get my hands on, the better we are.

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project

607creative

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 01:13:14 pm »

I must have done the same search you did! They are all pretty good, but I noticed they were primarily movie-themed and a dusting of video game screen shots. I was trying to achieve a decent departure from what everyone else has done, but not too far from the beaten path. I suppose it's a fine line when trying to create a piece of architecture on a subject that has been visited by so many people. Either way, I think I came up with a good idea for a top to the tower. I'll post up some more in the next few days. Hopefully it won't suck when I model it. Cheers!

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 09:54:06 am »

I have a role playing resource but I don't think it's that great. I'll have look later.

monks