Outerra Worlds Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Potential Games  (Read 8323 times)

LondonSmith

• View Profile
Potential Games
« on: February 01, 2014, 12:23:09 am »

Sorry if there's a post on this elsewhere, but has the team been approached by anyone wanting to make a game with this/already working on it?

cameni

• monster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Outerra
Re: Potential Games
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:58:36 am »

The only way there could be any Middle-Earth game based on this would be if the current LotR video game rights holder (Warner Bros) wanted to make a game based on this (or to have it made). That's quite unlikely though.

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 04:02:41 pm »

Yes, Cameni said it. I don't have any realistic expectations..well no expectations at all that that will happen. This is not being created as a game, if you wanted to find a word to describe it I guess it's more a visualisation, a way for people to walk around in the world. Once Occulus Rift arrives, it will be a much more compelling experience.
 That doesn't mean to say that it's not a good place to hone your skills, build a portfolio or learn some 3D modelling. It is!

monks

PytonPago

• Global Moderator
  • It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 09:03:41 am »

The only way there could be any Middle-Earth game based on this would be if the current LotR video game rights holder (Warner Bros) wanted to make a game based on this (or to have it made). That's quite unlikely though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-earth_Enterprises

.. so all that is on their mercy. The only backdoor is if it would be a  freeware effort (just like complex MODs for other games). That needs a hardcore community. But i would not diminish that happening.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 10:44:11 am »

Yeh, it's always on their mercy....//looks up at tread of giant boot

monks