Outerra Worlds Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Numenor  (Read 5490 times)

obren2obren

• View Profile
Numenor
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:24:02 am »

Hi guys, I bought the outerra engine 1 week ago and being a die hard Tolkien fan I immediately  started looking for lotr themed maps. I was in awe that your Middle Earth map is so awesome in scale and detail. I was doing some basic modding in Skyrim, wanting to create the island of Numenor. I started with the mountain of Meneltarma, but never was satisfied with the realism or level of detail, even though the Creation Kit is really cool to work with AND it's easy to learn the ropes. When I saw the outerra engine I realized it would be perfect for Numenor. I lack the necessary knowledge for map making in outerra though. You guys ever thought about making Numenor next? It's relative small size  comparing to the Middle Earth map makes it faster to make I hope. I'm afraid I lack the skills and time for that project, but with a few pointers who knows... Thank you and keep up the good work.

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
Re: Numenor
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:35:49 am »

Hi obren, welcome to the boards!...yes it's crossed my mind. There's a really cool map by Tomas morwinsky of Numenor. I'd probably use that as a ref.
 I'd really like to extend M-E map too to cover the entire planet! (or at least Europe/Asia)...it's doable but I think we need to wait for the technology and storage to make it happen. GPU terrain editors would help the most. No one is going there yet, although I think Brano could do it, but he's way too busy. I think he'll have to get into developing some kind of terrain editing tools when he puts rivers in.
 There's so much than can be added to the curent map: textures, clouds, lakes, rivers, buildings....and underground areas. So there's not much hope of me creating Numenor any time soon I'm afraid!  ;D

monks