Outerra Worlds Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Road map  (Read 9195 times)

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
Road map
« on: March 17, 2013, 02:16:47 pm »

Thought I'd continue over the main thread from the previous boards- it was called Next Steps over there. This is where the next steps and general progress will be posted. A roadmap I guess.

monks

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
Re: Road map
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 02:23:33 pm »

To Do list
 Compile and upload the latest shp files to the ftp, and generally back-up project stuff.

Add link to homepage to the online map.

Finalise the next terrain build as much as possible, includes some alteration to some sites for 3D modellers. Base dem needs respanning so that will involve another round of tests with GTS to get the textures right.

Get terrain and texture data from the next build back into the Global Mapper project.

Start to make placeholder 3D models for the various sites so folks can have a rough idea of what's what at each location.

monks
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:28:04 pm by monks »

Redrobes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 12:50:38 am »

Just posting here to say that now Outerra is announcing some limited biome support, we will be using our existing biome data and formatting it up into Outerra compatible form so that it will use it.

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 11:57:38 am »

We've had terrain 1.0 which was the liited biome support.
 Next release will be 1.2 with improved biomes.

I'm currently working on making the final adjustments to the terrain so that we can fully commit to making the locations with 3D models. Once we have that in place, we'll be creating the biomes from more real world elevations. :)

monks