Outerra Worlds Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Where can the GIS data be downloaded?  (Read 43925 times)

jvangeld

• View Profile
Re: Where can the GIS data be downloaded?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2016, 03:30:45 am »

Webhosts can be such a pain that way. I'm looking forward to whatever you will put up  :)

pflinch

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 11:32:32 pm »

Hi Monks,

I'm Pflinch, from Spain, I'm an archaeologist specialized in human mobility models using GIS. In a few months I'll be participating in a conference about "Archaeology in fantastic universes", who will take place in the Complutense University of Madrid. This event has been organized primarily for educational purposes, trying to teach history and archaeology to the students in a funny way.
For my paper I thought about making some archaeological GIS studies in the Midde Earth and, searching for a proper DEM, I arrived to your awesome project. I've just downloaded the layers from GitHub but I'll need a DEM for making some Spatial Analysis. I would like to ask you if you could send me a raster DEM layer or the contours in order to make my own raster layer with ArcGis.
I will not earn money for this, it will be all for educational purposes and, of course, you will be in the acknowledgment.

Thanks

jvangeld

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2016, 04:25:57 am »

Hi Pflinch, welcome to ME-DEM!

I don't know if Monks will be able to provide a DEM. It sounds like his backups are a bit scattered right now. But I added the Contours_18 layer and the HelperContours layer to the GitHub repository. They were generated from our DEM several years ago. I hope they are useful, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Jeremy

Krum

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2017, 06:30:12 am »

Webhosts can be such a pain that way. I'm looking forward to whatever you will put up  :)

Where's the dl now guys?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:53:16 am by Krum »

Arca9

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 03:16:59 pm »

Hi monks and anyone involved in this project. I'm a graduate student and I was hoping to use the data from this project in a graduate level thesis of some kind. Can someone tell me what data is available, preferably in GIS formats? Feel free to PM me too. I'm a civil engineer and was hoping to do a hydrologic analysis of the world DEM and see how sediment transport and possible urbanization will change the terrain.

-Arca9 (Alex)
Pages: 1 2 [3]