Outerra Worlds Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: photos and links question  (Read 11448 times)

vellum

• View Profile
photos and links question
« on: February 24, 2013, 04:11:52 pm »

I was wondering how SMF handles photos, do we do this through an external link such as photobucket type site? I see we have an attachment option, but it appears limited in size and # per post. 
good journeys

Redrobes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: photos and links question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:46:00 pm »

Yes I see your point. I think we need to up that limit from 128K to something like 1Mb. But I dont host this forum so ill check with Outerra guys.

vellum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 02:32:00 pm »

Just thought I'd post up a couple of glitches I've noticed here.
1.  The read new thread contents button continues to show the thread as unread / read. eg sometimes its correct and sometimes it's not.
2.  If you don't log in you can't see the thumbnails, this may be the way the SMF software works?  I think it would be a good idea for folks to see the thumbnail
good journeys

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:01:51 am »

They're more questions for Robes, Vellum.
 I've just started a course in 3DS Max and got a license. :) I think what I'll learn will be applicable to all kinds of apps, including Blender.  ;)

monks

vellum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 02:59:07 pm »

Nice that you've been able to take a max class ;D.  Some kind of organized instruction never hurts, good luck with it.  Now I expect those buildings to be sprouting up all over middle earth LOL  A Blender group in my area would be nice, but I've found none atm.   College towns might have at least an interested following, but alas I'm a good ways away from any of those either, well ones I want to travel to MUHAHA. 
good journeys

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:33:38 pm »

Cheers vellum. I did have some difficulties with the install, I'm still testing it as there's been some crashing...but there's some possible solution been posted by Autodesk so I'm just testing those out. Sounds like you live right in the sticks dude! Gotta take the good with the bad I guess- I bet you have some quality views too ;)
 I thnk we can easily go between Blender and Max I reckon if we have to at any point.

monks

vellum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 02:55:58 pm »

Hey Monks I think the fbx file transfers between blender and max fairly well, at least in simple meshes so far.  I sent a mesh in fbx to my son to open in max to tell me how I was doing and he could tell what was going on.  We can give the transfers a try when I tweek amon hen a tad more, I'll send you a copy to play with.  I'm not really sure of the difference between obj and fbx in Max, just followed the instructions by my son LOL.  But I think the fbx allows more info on the model (not at all positive on this). 
good journeys

monks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ME-DEM Project
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 09:51:30 am »

With some help from AD I got Max to settle down now. Cool, I'm going to try modelling a building in class...started off doing a pair of headphones last night but think that will be of limited use for ME-DEM lol...but I learned a fair bit so that's cool.  ;D I'll try dig out some info on the format difference- in fact I can ask my tutor. Trying to learn how to do rotational symmetry at the mo  :P

monks